Heather Lloyd - Sydney Musician



1. Tell us a bit about you?
I'm a freelance violist based in Sydney. I perform all over Australia with different musicians and ensembles. In Sydney you can find me playing at weddings for String Musicians Australia or in concerts at Angel Place and the Sydney Opera House. I am often involved in recording movie soundtracks with symphony orchestra at Fox Studios, and I have recorded albums with Australian singers such as Jack Carty and Katie Noonan. I am a busy teacher as well as performer - I have several violin and viola students and the next generation show some serious talent! I'm also into yoga and pilates and in my "free time" I teach body balance classes a few times a week. This keeps everything in balance.
2. What instrument do you play?
 I play the viola, and a bit of violin.
3. What would be your dream gig?
 My dream gig would be a string quartet tour with Neil Finn, my childhood musical idol.
4. What is your favourite event that you like to play for at String Musicians?
Wedding receptions with a bit of dancing and fun. The best thing about playing at weddings is that everybody there is celebrating and there is a great atmosphere!
5.What are some of the best venues you have played at for String Musicians?
 Observatory Hill, Shangri-La hotel, Park Hyatt, Sydney Botanic gardens in summer, Cockatoo Island

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways for male to wear high heels design shoes in Australia!